Home Health Aide, HHA/CNA
We are a supportive team of healthcare professionals who rely on each other to ensure our clients receive the highest quality of care. We believe in “People First Always,” which exemplifies our dedication to providing extraordinary services for our providers and clients. We incorporate our Core Values into every service we provide by demonstrating our Passion for Serving, facilitating Honest Communication, Supporting our team, and Doing the Right Thing. We hire committed professionals who genuinely love serving others.
Our healthcare professionals positively impact the lives of those in our care. We expect the same level of passion from every team member. Providing for the people we serve is a privilege. If you want a career that will satisfy your desire to help others while providing care to the highest standards, we want to hear from you!
As a Home Health Aide, you will perform home care visits and work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Therapist. You will be responsible for observing, reporting, and documenting observations and patient care performed during the home care visit. We expect you to perform various personal care services necessary to meet the patient’s needs.
- Providing personal care, including baths, personal hygiene, changing bed linen, dressing/undressing, toileting activities, and light housekeeping
- Preparing light meals and assisting in feeding patients if necessary
- Taking and recording oral, rectal, and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure when ordered
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered
- Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication
- Assisting with patient’s laundry if needed
- Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and correctly (foot stools, side rails, etc.)
- Reporting patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse
- Adhering to the Organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct
- Following all privacy policies, Infection Control protocols, and maintaining the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI)
Tact, patience, and empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail, and impaired are essential for this crucial position in our home care team. If you have what it takes to deliver quality home care, we want to hear from you!
- 18 years of age or older
- Meets the training requirements per State and Federal laws. Any Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) hired as a Home Health Aide will abide by the same essential job functions as the Home Health Aide
- 1 year of hands-on work experience, preferred (can include experience in a home care, hospital, or assisted living setting)
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Current CPR certification