Occupational Therapist, OT
Every day, you give your all to your patients; you deserve to work for a company that offers you more. Known for quality care, we are the trusted source for home health care services. Right now, we seek a skilled Occupational Therapist to ensure that patient care/therapy is coordinated, managed, and delivered appropriately in a cost-effective and financially responsible manner. We offer workable schedules, competitive pay, excellent benefits, and advanced technology such as user-friendly smartphones and tablets. Every day, we make a difference in patients’ lives, and as a team member, so will you. Apply today!
As an Occupational Therapist, you will evaluate the patient’s functional status and the home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. You will then develop a treatment program and establish goals for improved function, identifying equipment needs and collaborating with other healthcare providers to create a positive patient outcome.
Occupational Therapist responsibilities include
- Performing work capacity evaluation and referring to specialized vocational training if needed
- Communicating plan of care to referring physician and other Organization professionals
- Teaching new skills or retraining patients in once familiar daily activities that they have lost due to illness or injury
- Fabricating splints and instructing patients in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function
- Training patients in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices
- Maintaining appropriate clinical records and clinical notes and reporting to the physician any changes in the patient’s condition
- Maintaining contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care
- Attending and contributing to in-services, case conferences, and other meetings
- Identifying patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and referring as appropriate
- Instructing patient’s family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient’s treatment regime
- Supervising Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Instructing, supervising, and evaluating home health aide care every two (2) weeks when therapy is the only skilled service
- Participating in discharge planning for patient
- Following all privacy policies and maintaining the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI)
Here’s your chance to build your career with an industry leader! Look at the requirements below; if you have the necessary skills and experience, we want to hear from you.
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association
- 2 years of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills
- Current CPR Certification