Patient Health Coordinator, CMA
The Patient Health Advocate is a critical component of the care management outreach program. The PHC works closely with the POD to increase patient engagement through telephonic/or other outreach activities. The PHC is responsible for calling a list of identified patients to increase engagement, check health status, retrieve RPM equipment, and schedule wellness calls. Other duties may include engaging patients to schedule telehealth visits, care management sessions, escalating issues to clinical staff, and trouble-shooting RPM equipment. The PHC is responsible for entering all data in various systems and communicating outcomes to the POD supervisor. Performs general administrative tasks such as data entry, filing, and maintaining logs and records as assigned.
- Engages patients by telephone to assist NavCare in providing care management services.
- Answers patients’ questions and clearly explain the benefits of the NavCare services.
- Receives consent, obtains, and processes client data. Answers incoming calls and directs to appropriate personnel while applying superior customer service skills
- Enters all information accurately and promptly into the electronic medical records system according to the organization’s processes and procedures.
- Provides general office support as directed.
- Follows all privacy policies and maintains protected healthcare information (PHI) confidentiality.
- Engages patients through other media sources such as texting, faxing, or client EMR to initiate and establish patient engagement.
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening
- Service-oriented with excellent customer service skills.
- Strong data entry and verbal/written communication skills are essential, along with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility to handle a workload that fluctuates consistently based on needs
Continuing Education Requirements
All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs. Organization personnel must participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, organization personnel accepts personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.