Sales Associate, Home Health & Private Duty
The Sales Associate is responsible for Home Health and Private Duty growth by initiating and maintaining ongoing professional contacts with physicians, area health facilities, community organizations, state and county medical societies, and similar groups and institutions. The associate will accomplish this sales growth through implementing Health at Home program offerings and educating potential referral sources on the benefits of home care to the facilities and patients in our coverage area.
- Achieves net contribution growth goals necessary to support company objectives.
- Consistently meets sales call objectives established by the Director of Operations (DO).
- Completes all required reporting to include account data, call log, and Quarterly Sales Plan forms as requested by the DO.
- Communicates effectively with company personnel to coordinate growth activities.
- Complete all required training modules and exhibits knowledge of service capabilities for all product lines while in the field and a fundamental understanding of Medicare and third-party payer coverage.
- Effectively cultivates new business opportunities.
- Actively participates in the agency’s business growth meetings, strategic planning meetings, company in-services, and required activities as determined by the DO.
- Conducts presentations for assigned territory, including communities, residents, and referral sources, to increase awareness of available services.
- Conducts client evaluations and coordinates post-referral client visits; compiles information needed to establish a definitive home care plan for clients, including assessing the appropriateness of requested services and physician’s orders.
- Communicates information regarding clients to the appropriate supervisor
- Make agency administrative staff aware of clients’ additional needs so that we develop appropriate services and programs.
- Documents all supporting records per regulations of applicable regulatory agencies
- Regularly attends Community meetings/case conferences and provides education related to home health care services and guidelines.
- Promotes customer service with timely callbacks, listening and understanding, good communication, and a positive attitude
- Analyzes the cause of customer service issues and assist in developing solutions to problems.
- Participates in effective networking activities as approved by the DO.
- Follows all privacy policies of the Organization and maintains the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or healthcare-related field preferred OR Licensed Health Care Professional.
- Requires two (2) years of Homecare Marketing experience with a proven track record of meeting established sales quota numbers of Medicare-certified services.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the agency’s state of operation with appropriate auto insurance.
- You may take some overnight trips during training and regional and annual summit meetings
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation skills are required.
- Must be able to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
- Must have strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM programs.